Bad Bunny continues his reign as the king of music
The Future. Bad Bunny (aka Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio) is an unstoppable force in music right now. But with a slate of film projects on the horizon, don’t be surprised if we soon start equating Bad Bunny with Hollywood as much as we do the music industry.
Hoppin’ the charts
It’s Bad Bunny’s world; we’re all just living in it.
- According to Bloomberg, the popular Puerto Rican artist has had the best-selling album of the past two months with Un Verano Sin Ti, selling 1.4 million copies.
- He’s also the most-streamed musician on Spotify and YouTube, with 2.8 billion streams and 1.2 billion, respectively.
- His songs have appeared on the Spotify Top 100 more times in the past two months than new tracks from Harry Styles, Olivia Rodrigo, Drake, and Kendrick Lamar combined.
- To top it off, his songs appeared more times on that list than the combined artists from any single record label.
And as Bloomberg reported earlier this year, his current tour is expected to generate over $100 million in revenue.
Another kingdom to rule
Like Harry Styles, Bad Bunny is also using his star power to plot a major move into movies.
- Next month, he’ll co-star in Brad Pitt’s action-vehicle Bullet Train.
- He’s set to co-star in the Kevin Hart-produced American Sole.
- He’ll top-line Latino-driven Sony-backed Marvel film, El Muerto.
These projects won’t be his first rodeo in front of the camera. He already turned heads with a four-episode arc in the show Narcos: Mexico.