Gen Z likes new socials and casual classics
The Future. A new national report found that Gen Z likes many things from generations past (Adam Sandler, Olive Garden, Vans), prefers newer social platforms like Snap and TikTok, and is all-in on sustainability. For marketers and brands that want to understand the rising generation, you may need to make sure you have someone dedicated to following TikToks and memes.
No retweets, no pokes
To teens, not all social platforms are created equal.
- According to Piper Sandler’s bi-annual “Taking Stock With Teens” survey, only 2% of respondents said their favorite social platform was Facebook or Twitter.
- Snapchat was rated the highest at 35%, followed by TikTok at 30%, and Instagram at 22%.
- But, Instagram was the platform that teens used the most, with 81% of respondents using it.
So what’s the verdict? Gen Z is all about photo and video sharing.
Big Daddy and breadsticks
But Gen Z does more than just spend all day scrolling. They also have some other very surprising interests.
- Their favorite celebrity is Adam Sandler (smart play, Netflix), and their favorite social influencer is Emma Chamberlain.
- They eat at Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, Chipotle, McDonald’s, and Olive Garden(!).
- They dig brands like Nike, Gucci, Chanel, and Vans.
Additionally, Gen Z prides itself on clean and sustainable everything: food, beauty products, clothing, etc. And if you sell it in crypto, one in ten may just buy it.