Young people believe in tech
Future. Gen Z is all-in on tech, supporting everything from EVs to crypto to smart devices. While this might not surprise most in-the-know-readers, the overwhelming support for various connected innovations may show that concerns over data privacy, Big Tech’s dominance, and crypto market risks won’t stop young people from believing that tech can make our lives easier, more prosperous, and more enjoyable.
A new Axios-Momentive poll found that people under 25 are very pro-tech.
- 7 out of 10 would drive an EV… if they could afford one.
- 1 in 4 invested in cryptocurrency.
- Over half want drone deliveries to be normalized.
- 67% want to live in a smart city, while 63% want smart homes.
- And 82% want micromobility — electric scooters, e-bikes, etc. — to be accepted in public spaces.
Laura Wronski, research director at Momentive, said that “young people are kind of dragging the rest of us forward. They’re more tech-savvy, more tech-friendly, more techno-optimists.”