Tom Brady is training for his post-NFL career
The Future. After Tom Brady finishes his illustrious career in football, he plans to bring the same hustle to the world of entrepreneurship, already establishing more companies than any person could reasonably keep up with. For his second act, Brady may try to outdo the post-pro sports success of fellow GOAT — Michael Jordan.
According to Insider, Brady is building his empire for when he decides to hang up the cleats.
- Religion of Sports, the Brady co-founded media company, is valued at $140 million after recently raising $50 million in funding.
- 199 Productions, Brady’s entrance into Hollywood, already has a comedy feature in the works at Paramount and a documentary in production with the Russo brothers’ AGBO.
- BRADY, his clothing label, launched earlier this year and even developed its own color — Brady Blue.
- TB12, his wellness brand, opened a new store in Florida in March.
- Autograph, the Brady co-founded NFT platform, was last valued at $3 billion after raising $170 million in January in a funding round led by a16z.
Brady is also an active investor (Omaze, Class) and shareholder (FTX, Fanatics). The man has money to put to work.
Oh, and to top it off, Brady inked a $375 million, 10-year deal to become a lead analyst for Fox Sports.
Be the icon you want to see in the world
While the above would make most people’s calendars (and heads) explode, Brady and his team aren’t planning to let up on the gas anytime soon. He’s filed over 70 trademark applications that cover everything from digital collectibles to cookbooks to sports drinks to footballs (because, of course). According to trademark attorney Josh Gerben, that’s “more trademarks registered than some public companies.”
In the next few years, true Brady diehards will be able to have their entire life outfitted with Brady-branded products… which is exactly what Brady seems to want.