Snipd CliffNotes podcasts
The Future. AI-powered podcasting app Snipd turns podcast episodes into novel-like chapters and provides a TikTok-like discoverability feed for finding new podcasts. Both features give users more power over the podcasting journey… and could be a key tool in helping mint new hit shows in information-focused genres.
Did you get all that?
According to TechCrunch, Snipd wants to make podcasts more digestible.
- The Swiss podcasting startup uses AI to transcribe podcasts and to “automatically generate book-style ‘chapters’” that make episodes easily searchable.
- It also analyzes each episode to find the most relevant details for the listener and then surfaces those into shareable notes.
- Users can manually create these “snips” and save them for use later.
- And all of this can be done on the go since Snipd has shortcuts for both headphones and Apple CarPlay.
The company also introduced a new feature this week where the app’s AI scans new podcast episodes (not necessarily ones you subscribe to) and pulls clips of what it thinks you’ll be interested in. Users can vertically scroll through a feed of these clips to find something new to listen to.
For the learners
Snipd’s goal is twofold.
- To help users “unlock the knowledge” in podcasts — 74% of people listen to podcasts to “learn something new,” according to Edison Research.
- And to help with new podcast discoverability — a concept that no platform has figured out yet.
With all that power at its fingertips, don’t be surprised if Snipd — which only has five people on its team — becomes an acquisition target for Spotify or Audible.