Zero10 and Crosby Studios set up a virtual store… in IRL NYC
The Future. AR fashion platform Zero10 and creative design studio Crosby Studios are opening a fashion pop-up next month that brings virtual fashion into the real world using AR technology. Like Solana minting a space to onboard people into the world of cryptocurrency, Zero10 and Crosby Studios’ future-retail concept may prove that building a physical destination is the best way to teach people about emerging digital products.
Zero10 and Crosby Studios are bringing the metaverse into our world, per Input.
- The two companies are partnering on the first physical metaverse fashion store where users can try on all the clothes via Zero10’s AR tech.
- The store has no clothing racks or cash registers but is instead a series of changing rooms, where people can “try on” the clothes in real-time through their smartphone’s camera view after scanning a QR code.
- Customers can also upload a photo from their camera roll to see how the clothes will look.
- People can even try out different effects on the clothes, like “disappearing prints and gradients.”
- All the items are then available to purchase through the Zero10 app.
The store will be located in NYC’s SoHo neighborhood and be open from September 7-18. Customers can sign up for a time slot to visit on Zero10’s website.